Transformative Virtual Reality Console: Prioritizing Community Benefit Over Profits Transformative Virtual Reality Console: Prioritizing Community Benefit Over Profits

Eleven Killed in Israeli Strikes Across Southern Lebanon

Eleven Killed in Israeli Strikes Across Southern Lebanon

by | Aug 16, 2026 | Latest International News | 0 comments

Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon have killed 11 people, according to Lebanese authorities, marking one of the deadliest days of violence since an agreement aimed at reducing hostilities was announced in June.

Lebanese officials said civilians were among those killed, while Israel’s military said one of the strikes targeted a Hezbollah commander.

Seven Killed in Ansar Strike

Lebanon’s Prime Minister Nawaf Salam said seven people were killed when an Israeli strike hit a house on the outskirts of Ansar, around 70km south of Beirut.

According to Lebanese state media, the victims included three children and two women.

Lebanese authorities said the strike occurred at around 04:30 local time in an area where displaced families were staying.

Salam condemned the attack, saying the people killed were civilians and that the location was not military infrastructure.

Israel Says Hezbollah Commander Was Killed

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said the operation targeted and killed a Hezbollah commander.

The IDF claimed the commander had been involved in an attack against Israeli soldiers and accused him of using members of his family as human shields.

Israel said family members were present during the strike and were also harmed.

The claims have added to the growing dispute over the circumstances surrounding the attack.

Four More Killed in Deir al-Zahrani

Later on Saturday, another series of Israeli strikes hit Deir al-Zahrani, according to Lebanon’s health ministry.

Four people were killed and five others were wounded in the attacks.

The incidents have raised renewed concerns over the fragile security situation in southern Lebanon.

Violence Continues Despite De-escalation Efforts

The latest strikes come despite an agreement announced in June that was intended to reduce hostilities in the region.

Lebanese officials have repeatedly called for an end to attacks and stressed the need to protect civilians.

The latest casualties could further increase pressure on both sides to prevent the violence from escalating and to preserve efforts aimed at reducing tensions along the Israel-Lebanon border.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading...